Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I hate Valentine's Day

Valentine’s Day sucks!
Reasons why I hate Valentine’s Day

Reason number one

Love (Sometimes) bites

Keep in mind that despite the fact that I’m single, I do not hate Valentine’s Day based on jealousy or depression. The reason I say love bites was because people don’t get into a relationship long and some of them ended up broken hearted, angry or other things. It reminds them that people are callously jostling by you to get another person candies and flowers and you’re wondering if they’re being doped into a relationship that’ll never last or if you’ll ever have a lasting relationship. Valentine’s Day smashes the hearts of those whose hearts are still broken. Granted, like I said, not all who are broken up are hurting, but can be just wondering.

Reason number two

It’s just money business, not love business.

The companies don’t give a rat’s ass about your relationship, they want you to just spend, spend, and spend all of your money when you don’t need to. You never needed to spend a dime on Valentine’s Day. What, are we so damn desperate for someone we love to buy stuff for each other? Here’s what I would be doing; going places together, seeing movies, planning trips, eating out together, and many things. None of those needs candies, flowers or toys. They’re unimportant. If your date expects them, well that’s up to you.

Reason number three

Singles Awareness Day

I’m single and yet everywhere I go, people are buying flowers, candies and plush toys for their loved ones. All I can say is, “If she wasn’t going to love you because you didn’t get her candies, toys, or flowers, she ain’t right for you.” Seriously, it’s ridiculous. Keep in mind I’m not being jealous or depressed or whatever. I just think it’s nonsense.

Reason Number four

Why should it be that important?

If I’m dating some woman, I will do things together with her on any given day. I’m sure love can be expressed on any day of the month. I could take her to someplace on a Christmas eve, we could go to some place for fun together during springtime, even visit other countries. We can go to movies, eat out at dinner or whatever. Those days beats Valentine’s Day any day. Seriously, you don’t need a special day to tell people you love them.

Reason number five

Candies and flowers? What do you take me for?

I don’t want candies or flowers. Ok, maybe some candy, but it doesn’t need to be on Valentine’s Day. Valentine’s Day seems to just say, “Buy our flowers, Candies and our plush toys.” They don’t seem to present anything special like, “Get this and you can get on a carnival or a cruise” on some things. Wouldn’t it be nice if they do that at least? It’s better to say, “Let’s do something fun together, even as a family,” Instead of, “Candies and flowers. Get our candies and flowers!”

Reason number six

It’s a means to competition.

Love should not be a competition, even if your best friend’s boyfriend/girlfriend gives them more candies and/or flowers than you. It shouldn’t be a competition! If you’re in love with someone and they love you, then that’s it! You don’t need to compete with another person with a, “Mine is better because he got me this many flowers/ this many candies/this many toys.” Give me a break.

Reason number seven

A person out of the relationship gets pitied.

Why? Why must I be pitied for not having a girlfriend in my life? That doesn’t help me at all, it just makes me feel like crawling into the ground to wither away and die. Not because I don’t have a love of my life, but because people looks down on me for not having one. Same when it comes to those who just broke up. Hey, I have an idea, how about doing something about it for them?

No comments: