Friday, January 22, 2010

reasons why I choose to remain single

Why do I choose to remain single?

Why the hell should I get into a relationship anyway? What business is it of theirs? I own my own body and my decision is my own to make. I choose to remain single for several great reasons.

When it comes to the noises, it’s actually much quieter when you’re single; no kids screaming their heads off for the hell of it, no spouse to yell at you, no expensive things being broken, no uninvited guests such as your kids’ friends or your spouse’s friends, no girl scouts or boy scouts, the phone doesn’t ring off the hook as if your house is a business place and all is left is a peace and quiet.

The television doesn’t remain on whenever the kids run loose around the house not watching anything, the lights don’t stay on when you wanted them off, the food is all yours, no messes anywhere that isn’t your own, nothing is moved and nothing is broken (Unless you yourself broke them).

The money you make is steady and it is rising, unless you’re a compulsive spender, and the only ones touching your money is you. There are fewer bills to pay and you don’t have to waste your money on anybody if you don’t want to. After all, it’s your money!


Someone might wonder why someone chooses to remain single. My answer to that is that people choose to remain single. It’s not because they’re unattractive, it’s not because they’ve been in a bad relationship, it’s not because they’re antisocial. It is because they just choose to remain single. The reasons really vary, but as I pointed out, those are not very good reasons as to why people remain single. I just choose to because I want to be single.

Would I ever be in a relationship? I have no idea, time will tell. I do like the idea of being with someone and sharing things together, but right now, I wanted to finish things up in my life and I got to stay focus. So maybe one day I might when I accomplish as much as I can.

For me, it is good to be single and without a child. That way, I can work on going through college, getting into a career that I like, earning enough money to travel around the world and maybe move to a country I feel is best for me. Maybe after all that, I may find a foreign girlfriend who shares similar interests and is right for me. It’s really about the freedom and a chance to accomplish my own goals.

No comments: